11.14.2012

Weekend antiquing

My mom, sister, and I went antique shopping last weekend (which I thought sounded much more appealing than working on a paper due Monday). My favorite antique mall was having a sale, and I ended up buying a few things, including an Edwardian skirt (which needs a good soak in Oxi Clean), metal globe, and apothecary bottle.

The star of my outfit was this 1950's blouse printed with horses. The blouse has a neat story (involving estate sale fail, the nicest couple, and the most incredible collection of antique clothing I've ever seen!), but I'm going to save it for another post.


That last picture is pretty representative of my post-antiquing look--crazy excited, a little cheesy, and more than a little rumpled.

Outfit details:
1950's blouse purchased from Michelle and Vince (see this post)
J.Crew cardigan and skirt
Nine West heels

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is so, so lovely! I'm so glad I found it, only I am having major jealousy over your horse print blouse, animal print blouses are my favourite thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The print on your blouse is lovely - a really pretty, unusual combination of colours!

    ReplyDelete