8.10.2014

Memory of summer


Yesterday The Style Line celebrated their first anniversary at Mid-Atlantic Mercantile in Lawrenceville. Shop owner Emily Slagel invited my sister and I to bring a capsule collection of late-summer vintage clothing to the event, and we spent the afternoon sipping cocktails from the Livermore and generally having an amazing time.

I wore this vintage 1950's skirt that I found at an estate sale a few weeks ago. It's an unusual garment. The skirt has button holes around its hem, and the button holes fasten onto buttons around the hem of the attached half-slip, creating a bustle effect. The colors remind me of childhood vacations to North Carolina--peaceful and nostalgic and surprisingly reflective of my mood these days.





Outfit details:
Anthropologie camisole
1950's skirt (part of a blouse and skirt set) purchased at an estate sale
Vintage shell necklace purchased at a flea market
Madewell heels

2 comments:

  1. Lovely look! Looks gorgeous paired with the boots! xx

    www.roseandmuse.com
    www.roseandmusevintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking through my old blogroll and decided to stop and say hi! I love that you still post on IG your outfits, so I can see all your vintage goodies! Other than that, hope all is well!

    Lauren
    Sparrow & Urchin

    ReplyDelete