1.03.2013

First post of 2013!

I've been experimenting a lot with my hair the past few days, and last night I slept in sponge rollers. I'm pretty happy with the result, though I felt a bit poodle-ish right after taking the curlers out. (If you know of any good online hair tutorials, let me know.)

Also, I obviously don't understand how to dress during the winter, in spite having lived in the Northeast my entire life. My hands and feet were completely numb by the time I finished taking photos!

Outfit details:
1940's dress via ebay
J.Crew cardigan
Nine West heels
1960's barrette via the Washington Antiques Fair

7 comments:

  1. Your 40s dress is lovely. I get so overwhelmed trying to find things on ebay... You must have the knack - that's a real find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the cutest barrette ever! happy new year :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Your dress is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pattern! Fab dress find.

    Marie @
    Lemondrop ViNtAge

    I am having a fabulous giveaway right here.


    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is right up my street...I love the collar and the check pattern and you can't go wrong with something that dates from the 1940s. Loving the hair too...it looks really natural. Anytime I've tried to curl my hair I end up looking a little orphan Annie-like :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks lovely, and I am so envious of that snow! Gorgeous shoes too, thank you for your comment on my blog, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is perfection! As far as I'm concerned shirtwaist dresses are the best sort of dresses! Your hair looks wonderful too, the little doggy is so darling :)
    Haha I don't know how to dress for winter either, but luckily I live in Australia and don't really need to :P

    Wishing you all the best for this new year, I'm looking forward to all of your blog posts to come!

    ReplyDelete